In the pool, on the beach, or in the shower, the WaterKiD™ infant carrier
offers babies and their caregivers an easy, convenient and safer way to relish
the experience of water -- together.
The WaterKiD™ infant carrier maximizes the fun and bonding of water play,
while minimizing the challenge of keeping a firm grip on a slippery little one.
Usage and Care Instructions
IMPORTANT! Read all instructions before assembling and using the
WaterKiD™ soft carrier.
Limitations of Use
This carrier is not intended for use during boating activities nor
should the carrier be used while diving, running or swimming. This carrier is
recommended for infants that have already established head control (typically
4-5 months and 12+ lbs) and can thereby sit in a forward facing position.
Carrier Fit Adjustment
Each time, prior to using the carrier, the care provider must make
adjustments to the fit as outlined in usage diagram.
- Put on carrier with infant pouch facing forward, fasten the waist buckle
and tighten the waist strap.
- Adjust the shoulder straps so that the infant pouch is centred
comfortably on the front of the upper torso of the care provider.
Infant Loading Procedure
- After carrier fit adjustment, lay the carrier flat with pouch facing up
on a padded surface.
- Unfasten the pouch retention buckle, the hook and loop tape on the front
of the pouch, and the leg opening retention strap buckles. (see
- Slide infant into position in the pouch feet first.
- Ensure that each leg goes completely and separately through the
corresponding leg openings.
- Infant's bottom must rest securely in the seat.
- Buckle the leg opening retention straps and adjust the leg openings to
the smallest possible size.
- Close the front hook and loop flaps to a secure fit on the infant pouch.
- Clip and cinch the front flap retention buckle.
Caregiver Loading Procedure
- Once the infant is secured in the pouch, lift and place the infant and
pouch on your lap.
- Support the weight of the infant to avoid falling.
- Slide the shoulder straps over each shoulder and secure the waist strap
- While kneeling, check to assure that all attachment points are secure
and provide the proper fit.
- Adjust the shoulder straps crosspiece to the proper height and secure in
Entering the Water
- Enter the water gradually with your baby, and find a good depth at which
to play. Always keep your feet on the bottom, with your baby's chin at least
three inches above the waterline.
Check to assure all buckles, snaps, straps, and adjustments are secure
before each use.
Neoprene Can Cause Skin Irritation
Anyone who develops any skin irritation or swelling while using this
product should discontinue use immediately and consult a physician.
Rinse thoroughly after each use. Hand wash cool, mild soap. Air dry.
Keep instructions for future use.
WARNING - FALL HAZARD
Small children can fall through a leg opening. Follow instructions for use.
Only use this carrier if your children between 12 lb and 25 lb. Child must
face towards you until he or she can hold head upright. Ensure that child's
head is properly supported at all times. Adjust leg openings to smallest
Complies with ASTM F2236-03 "Standard Consumer Safety Specification for Soft
WaterKiD™ International (403) 708-9769
CA45551 Model#BAB04-OW20-00 05/04